Despite our best efforts, fitness professional can sometimes feel helpless in our well intention efforts to help clients reach new levels of fitness. This workshop will leave you with the understanding that mental health focused fitness is not about changing our physical body, it is about reconnecting our body and mind. You will be challenged to put aside the traditional goals of fitness, and think about movement in a totally different way.
In this workshop, we’ll cover:
- What is the polyvagal theory?
- How polyvagal theory deepens our understanding of the autonomic nervous system
- How to use polyvagal theory in fitness and trauma healing (within your scope of practice)
- What is the cross-stressor adaptation and is science really proving we can build resilience and self-confidence through sweating
- BCRPA Registered Fitness Leaders are eligible to receive 1 CEC upon completion of this course.